Ductless Mini-Split Services in Kalispell
Go Ductless with Help from Bill’s Superheat
A mini-split system is a great way to heat or cool your home without the need for costly ductwork installation. Mini-splits offer greater control over the temperature from room to room in your home or business.
In a mini-split system, there are two components: an outdoor unit and an indoor unit. These units are connected by refrigerant lines and an electric line, requiring only a three-inch hole in your wall.
Ductless mini-splits are a simple solution for:
- Hot and cold rooms
- Enclosed patios
- Homes without ductwork
- Large multi-zone spaces
- Whole homes
Whether you already have a mini-split system or you would like to install one in your home, Bill’s Superheat is the best team for the job. We offer ductless mini-split repairs, installations, and maintenance services in Kalispell.
Contact our experienced technicians today to schedule service – just call (406) 206-9626.
Installing a mini-split system can be simple because there is no ductwork required. One important consideration when installing this type of system is the sizing. The larger the area to be cooled, the more capacity (BTUs per hour) that is needed from your system.
At Bill’s Superheat, we have extensive experience installing ductless mini-split systems in Kalispell and we are ready to put that experience to work for you. Before installing anything, we’ll take the time to visit your home, or business, and assess your heating and cooling needs. From there, we’ll walk you through your options and help you select the system that meets your needs and fits your budget.
Repairing Your Mini-Split
Ductless mini-split systems are quite durable and will likely not need much in the way of repairs if they are well maintained. However, even the best-kept system may occasionally require a repair here and there. If you notice anything wrong with your system, do not hesitate to call Bill’s Superheat. Our AC technicians can diagnose the issue quickly, offer an effective solution, and get the job done right.
Mini-Split System Vs. Ductwork Installation
If you haven't been through ductwork installation, then the up-front costs can be astronomical compared to the installation of a ductless mini-split system. Ductwork installation requires
- Making massive holes in your walls and ceilings
- You have to pay about $10 per foot for the ducts themselves. Since a house usually needs roughly 200 feet of ducts, this comes out to $2000 for the ducts alone
- Wall repairs, painting, and refinishing services which can all be very time-consuming and costly.
- The cost of labor for breaking down, implementing everything, and refinishing
A mini-split installation only requires one 3-inch hole in your exterior and that's it.
If you've already had ductwork installed, then a central unit might very well be cheaper up-front. But the recurring cost of using a central unit is much higher than the recurring cost of a ductless mini-split system. This makes a central unit significantly more expensive over time.
Central units are more expensive over time because:
- They require more maintenance and cleaning. Ducts are notorious for cracking, which causes leaks. This ensures that your central cooling or heating units will need to use more energy to keep the desired temperature throughout the house.
- Those with allergies or asthma will feel the effects of dirty air ducts, so ductwork needs to be cleaned regularly.
- Central cooling and heating use more energy. Since central units keep the same temperature throughout the house, that means they inefficiently use more energy warming or cooling rooms that you don't use. This means you, and the environment will be paying dearly to warm your storage room or abandoned cellar.
- Since ductless mini-splits let you warm or cool the rooms you need, this allows you to market your home as eco-friendly if you ever decide to put it on the market.
More reasons to use ductless mini-split systems:
Another reason ductless mini-splits are better than a central unit is because they make less noise. Due to the fact that the compressor is outside, there is no audible sound coming from your mini-split system outside of the fan. Ductless mini-split systems also take up less space in your home as the ducts alone are bigger than the cooling and heating units in a ductless mini-split system.
Downsides to the ductless mini-split system:
There are two downsides to the ductless mini-split system
- The blower units stand out a little more than central units as these central units are usually outside or hidden in the attic.
- You may need more than one unit to fully cool or heat your entire home.
But by removing the costs and headache of ductwork installation and saving you money in the long-run, the pros certainly outweigh the cons for a ductless mini-split system.
Learn more about our ductless mini-split services in Kalispell. Contact us online or at (406) 206-9626 today.