Your air filter is a vital component to your air conditioning system. So vital, in fact, that we can think of seven reasons off the top of our heads that you should replace it every now and then. Not only does it heavily impact the effectiveness of your air conditioning unit, but it also seriously impacts the efficiency, your indoor air quality, and more. What we’re trying to say is that your air filter needs attention, perhaps more attention than you’d give the rest of the system!
See, the other benefit of an air filter is that it’s designed to be changed out by a homeowner. They’re relatively easy to inspect, clean, and replace. Other components in an air conditioning system are not that simple and require very specific training that only a professional goes through.
We urge everyone for the following reasons to change out their air filters, or at least call our team for air conditioning services in Kalispell, MT.
Our 7 Reasons to Replace an Air Filter
Here are just a few reasons to replace your air filter every 1-3 months. We bet that if you call us and speak to a professional, we can give you even more reasons off the cuff!
- Keep Away Problems. Your air filter is there to protect your air conditioner from harm. If it gets clogged up, it won’t be able to do its job effectively, and you’re statistically more likely to encounter problems that require professional repair.
- Improve System Efficiency. Efficiency can be improved when you replace your air filter on a regular basis. This means less money from your monthly budget being spent on energy bills.
- Allow for Better Airflow. Airflow is how your home cools down. If your AC is struggling to take in and out air due to a clogged filter, then it’s not going to properly cool your home down the way you want it to.
- Reduce Noises and Obnoxious Events. A clogged air filter can be noisy and obnoxious to deal with. This can be a good enough reason to replace it regularly.
- Stop Your AC From Overheating. If your air conditioner can’t get enough airflow from a clogged air filter, then it’s more likely to overheat and shut down on hot days.
- Extend the Lifespan of the System. It’s a fact that your air conditioner is much more likely to last longer if you replace the air filter on a regular basis. This component is vital to extending the lifespan of your system.
- Improve Your Air Quality. This is last on the list because it’s not really the intended purpose of your air filter. Your filter is designed specifically to protect the interior components of your AC from dirt, dust, debris, and other contaminants, not your indoor air. However, that doesn’t mean it won’t help a good deal with improving your indoor air quality! You might notice a difference in your indoor air quality when you change out your filter.
Want more AC tips and advice? Call Bill’s Superheat, Inc. for all your AC needs. Here to Save the Day!